Class A remote analysis
The Sonel PQM-710 power quality analyser is a device with extended capabilities for remote analysis in class A. Sonel PQM-710 is a power quality analyser based on advanced technological solutions, with the use of which it is possible to perform comprehensive measurements, analysis and recording of 50/60 Hz power network parameters and power quality in accordance with the European standard EN 50160.
- Remote control and data transfer through a built-in GSM modem.
- Anti-theft feature – SMS notification in the event of position change (built-in GPS receiver).
- Real-time clock synchronized to GPS protocol.
- Remote control of the analyzer via software: Sonel Analysis (Wi-Fi and GSM for Windows) or Sonel Analysis Mobile (Wi-Fi for Android).
- Voltages L1, L2, L3, N, PE (five measurement inputs) – average, minimum, maximum and instant values within the range up to 1000 V, interoperability with voltage transducers.
- Currents L1, L2, L3, N (four measurement inputs) – average, minimum, maximum and instant values, current measurement within the range up to 6 kA (depending on applied current clamp), interoperability with current transducers.
- Measurement of control signals up to 3000 Hz.
- Crest factors for current (CFI) and voltage (CFU).
- Frequency within the range of 40 Hz – 70 Hz.
- Active power (P), reactive power (Q), distortion power (D), apparent power (S) with identification of the nature of reactive power (capacitive, inductive).
- Calculation of reactive power using the Budeanu method and IEEE 1459 method.
- Active energy (EP), reactive energy (EQ), apparent energy (ES).
- Power factor, cosφ, tanφ.
- K factor (transformer overload caused by the harmonics).
- Up to 50th harmonics for voltage and current.
- Interharmonics measured as groups.
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) for voltage and current.
- Short-term (PST) and long-term (PLT) flicker (IEC 61000-4-15 class A).
- Unbalance of voltage (IEC 61000-4-30 class A) and current.
- Current events detection including waveforms recording.
- Current and voltage events recording with waveforms (up to 1 s) and RMS1/2 graphs with 30 s maximum recording time.
- Current and voltage waveforms recording after each averaging period.
Wide range of mains to analyze
- With rated frequency 50/60 Hz
- With rated voltages: 64/110 V;110/190 V; 115/200 V; 120/208 V; 127/220 V; 133/230 V; 220/380 V; 230/400 V; 240/415 V; 254/440 V; 265/460 V; 277/480 V; 290/500 V; 400/690 V; 480/830 V (for systems with N conductor)
- Direct current
- split-phase with common N
- three-phase – WYE with and without N conductor
- three-phase – Delta
- three-phase – 2-element WYE without N conductor (Aron/Blondel)
- three-phase – 2-element Delta (Aron/Blondel)
- with current and voltage transducers
PQM-710 has a built-in GPS receiver ensuring real time clock accuracy and an integrated GSM modem that facilitates remote analyzer operation.
An additional trump card of the analyzer is the built-in Wi-Fi communication module, providing a number of advantages: no restrictions on file transfer, no data transfer costs, use of local wireless infrastructure... This gives the user the opportunity to adapt to the conditions prevailing on the site. They can supervise measurements from a convenient location – for example, an area without electromagnetic interference – using a laptop, smartphone or tablet.
PQM-710 can be operated using a touch screen computing device equipped with Sonel Analysis software (Windows) or Sonel Analysis Mobile app (Android). The user can supervise the measurements and conduct diagnostics while maintaining mobility – he doesn’t even have to be near the analyzer. In typical applications, the device plays the role of a remote display and an intermediate storage of measurement data with the functionality of a router. Therefore, the user can also connect to it using a wireless network – for example, to transfer the collected registrations to a desktop computer.
PQM-710 is widely used in the professional power industry. It provides full 4-quadrant analysis, meeting the needs of energy consumers and producers, such as renewable energy, including photovoltaic and wind farms. It enables forecasting failures in distribution networks. It provides analysis of the load capacity of networks and transformers, as well as recording their current states. In addition, it is powerful investment tools. Thanks to PQM-710, the user will obtain the necessary data for development of power infrastructure, predict potential problems, and finally – verify the correctness and quality of implementation.
Sonel Analysis software – application delivered as standard accessory, indispensable for working with PQM-series analyzers. Depending on the mating instrument used, the software enables:
- analyzer configuration,
- data reading from logger,
- preview of network parameters in real time (with capability of reading via GSM modem),
- deletion of data in the analyzer,
- data presentation in tables,
- data presentation in charts,
- data analysis and generating reports in compliance with standard EN 50160 (reports) and other user defined reference conditions - also for PV micro-installations up to 50 kW, a breakdown for active power states P>0, P<0 and P=0 and taking into account the graphs Q1=f(U1/Un) and cosφ=f(P/Pn),
- independent support of multiple analyzers,
- analyzer firmware updates.
The software enables readout of selected parameters and their visualization in real time. These parameters are measured independently from the registration saved on the memory card. The user can view:
- charts of voltage and current progression (oscilloscope),
- charts of voltage and current over time,
- phasor diagram,
- measurements of multiple parameters,
- harmonics and harmonic powers (estimating the direction of harmonics),
Parameter Measuring range Max. resolution Accuracy Alternating voltage (TRMS) - 0,0…1000,0 V or 0.0…760.0 V* 4 significant digits ±0.1% Unom Crest Factor Voltage 1.00…10.00 (≤1.65 for 690 V voltage 0.01 ±5% Crest Factor Current 1.00…10.00 (≤3.6 dla Inom) 0.01 ±5% Alternating current (TRMS) - depending on clamp** 4 significant digits ±0.1% Inom (error does not account for clamp error) Frequency - 40.00...70.00 Hz 0.01 Hz ±0.01 Hz Active, reactive, apparent and distortion power - depending on configuration (transducers, clamps) 4 significant digits depending on configuration (transducers, clamps) Active, reactive and apparent energy - depending on configuration (transducers, clamps) 4 significant digits as power error cosφ and power factor (PF) - -1.00...1.00 0.01 ±0.03 tgφ - -10.00...10.00 0.01 depends on error of active and reactive power Harmonics and interharmonics Voltage DC, 1...50 as for alternating voltage True RMS ±0.05% Unom for m.v. < 1% Unom
±5% m.v. for m.v. ≥ 1% Unom None None None None Harmonics and interharmonics Current DC, 1...50 as for alternating current True RMS ±0.15% Inom for m.v. < 3% Inom
±5% m.v. for m.v. ≥ 3% Inom None None None None THD Voltage and current 0.0..100.0% (relative to RMS value) 0.1% ±5% Active and reactive power of harmonics - depending on configuration (transducers, clamps) epends on minimum current and voltage values - Angle between current and voltage harmonics - -180.0…+180.0° 0.1° ±(n x 1°) K-Factor - 1.0...50.0 0.1 ±10% Flicker index - 0.20...10.00 0.01 ±5% Unbalance factor Voltage and current 0.0...20.0% 0.1% ±0.15% (absolute error) Measurement of control signals Voltage up to 15% Unom at 5.00...3000.00 Hz 4 significant digits unspecified for <1% Unom
±0.15% for 1...3% Unom
None None None None ±5% for 3...15% Unom None None None None
Parameter Value Net weight (kg) 1.7 Package weight (kg) 8.6 Package width (cm) 20.5 Package height (cm) 45 Package length (cm) 53