MIC-15k1 meter is designed to measure insulation resistance of power objects, i.e.:
- single- and multicore cables,
- motors and generators,
- capacitors, switches and other devices installed in power stations.
It is especially recommended for measurements in areas with very high electromagnetic disturbances, e.g. electrical substations with 1200 kV AC and 500 kV DC. Thanks to the 15 kV measuring voltage (in accordance with ANSI / NETA ATS-2009 TABLES 100.1) the meter can be used for measuring objects with a nominal voltage above 34.5 kV.
- Diagnostics of insulation systems based on standard measurements of IR, DAR, PI, SV, RT, DD, widened with thepartial discharge (PD) indicator for every each of these measurements.
- It allows testing the electrical durability of the tested object - breakdown voltage indication.
- High resistance to electromagnetic interferences guarantees uninterrupted work in power stations and close to high voltage transmission lines up to 1200 kV AC and 500 kV DC.
- The function of smooth voltage rise in time (RT - Ramp Test) allows to state the partial discharges in the facility and to carry out a partial location of their occurrence.
- Efficient converter with a power of ~150 W that enables insulation burnout, allowing for pinpointing the location of cables and wires short circuit using one of the following:
- visual method (if power cables are visible along the entire length),
- reflectometric methods, seismic-acoustic waves detector, or with A-frame to indicate direction of the fault (the conductor must be buried in the ground with earth direct contact).
- Compatible with external software.
Insulation resistance measurement
Measuring range according to IEC 61557-2
UN = 15 000 V: 50 kΩ…40.0 TΩ
Measurement with DC and increasing voltage (SV) for UISO = 15 kV
|0,0...999 kΩ||1 kΩ||±(3% m.v. + 10 digits)|
|1,00...9,99 MΩ||0,01 MΩ||±(3% m.v. + 10 digits)|
|10,0...99,9 MΩ||0,1 MΩ||±(3% m.v. + 10 digits)|
|100...999 MΩ||1 MΩ||±(3% m.v. + 10 digits)|
|1,00...9,99 GΩ||0,01 GΩ||±(3% m.v. + 10 digits)|
|10,0...99,9 GΩ||0,1 GΩ||±(3% m.v. + 10 digits)|
|100...999 GΩ||1 GΩ||±(3,5% m.v. + 10 digits)|
|1,00...9,99 TΩ||0,01 TΩ||±(7,5% m.v. + 10 digits)|
|10,0...20,0 TΩ||0,1 TΩ||±(12,5% m.v. + 10 digits)|
|10,0...40,0 TΩ||0,1 TΩ||±(12,5% m.v. + 10 digits)|
Ranges of measured resistance depending on the test voltage
|Voltage UISO||Measuring range|
|50 V||200 GΩ|
|100 V||400 GΩ|
|250 V||1,00 TΩ|
|500 V||2,00 TΩ|
|1000 V||4,00 TΩ|
|2500 V||10,00 TΩ|
|5000 V||20,0 TΩ|
|10 000 V||40,0 TΩ|
|15 000 V||40,0 TΩ|
|0...999 nF||1 nF||±(5% m.v. + 5 digits)|
|1,00...49,99 µF||0,01 µF||±(5% m.v. + 5 digits)|
- Displaying measured capacity after RISO measurement
- For measurement voltages below 100 V the measurement error is not specified
- type of insulation acc. to: EN 61010-1 and IEC 61557 double
- measurement category acc. to EN 61010-1
- IV 1000 V (operating altitude ≤2000 m)
- IV 600 V (operating altitude ≤3000 m)
- ingress protection acc. to EN 60529: IP67 (IP40 for closed case)
- resistance to external interference voltages: up to 1550 V
- resistance to external interference currents: up to 10 mA
- advanced, digital filtering of interferences: 10 / 30 / 60 / 100 / 200 seconds
- test leads lock: yes
- power supply: Li-Ion 14.8 V rechargeable battery from network 90 V ÷ 260 V, 50 Hz/60 Hz
- dimensions: 390 x 308 x 172 mm
- weight: approx. 6.3 kg
- storage temperature: -25ºC…+70ºC
- operating temperature: -20ºC…+50ºC
- humidity: 20%…90%
- operating altitude: ≤3000 m
- reference temperature: +23ºC ± 2ºC
- reference humidity: 40%…60%
- display: graphical LCD
- number of RISO measurements with battery power supply: min. 1000 acc. to EN 61557-2
- data transmission: USB and Bluetooth
- quality standard: ISO 9001 compliant
- device meets the requirements of standards: EN 61010-1 and IEC 61557
- the product meets EMC requirements (immunity for industrial environment) with accordance to standards: EN 61326-1 and EN 61326-2-2